Anxiety and depression don’t just happen, they are the end result of a significant and chronic loss of control caused by one or more of the following:
● Adverse shaping influences (especially during your developmental years) that have molded your personality
● Excessive stress generated by trying to chronically over-control life
● Life challenges that overwhelm your controlling strategies
● Your general state of psychological and physiological resiliency
● Genetic factors that may predispose you to both anxiety and/or depression
Clearly, you can’t change the past, your genetics, or real-life challenges, but fortunately from a Self-Coaching perspective, the one most significant variable that you can control is stress, specifically how you allow yourself to react to life challenges.