Forums

Forums (http://self-coaching.net/discussions/index.php)
-   Ask Dr. Joe (http://self-coaching.net/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   battle (http://self-coaching.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=2335)

justclaire 05-05-2014 12:10 PM

battle

I have been doing battle a thought at a time and doing quite well. Unfortunately i recently had a water infection which i have recovered from only to be struck down with tonsillitis. Im finding it really hard not to tear strips off myself and i can feel the pessimistic monster in me just waiting to rubbish my life again. I am trying so hard not to give in but being optimistic has never been my strongest gift. What say you dr joe?

Dr. Joe 05-05-2014 12:35 PM

Insecurity would like you to believe that you're no match for adversity. Fact is, you are! Stop listening to the whining Child-Reflexive thoughts and stay tough. It's a myth that you "can't" handle the challenges you face--you can! Simply stop dancing with these self-defeating thoughts and handle the discomfort...this will pass and you will be the stronger for it.

justclaire 05-05-2014 03:39 PM

Thank you :-)

justclaire 05-06-2014 11:32 AM

Can self coaching help with general over emotion. I seem to be upset by beautiful amd lovely things just as easily ive often put it down to hormones :-S

Dr. Joe 05-06-2014 02:39 PM

I suspect that when a beautiful thing causes you to get upset, it probably has to do with a deeper sadness that wants to embrace life's joys. Continue to work on attitude, optimism, and self-trust...and do keep in mind that there's a fine line between saddness and bliss...one has to do with a "longing for," the other with the actual embracing of that which we long for.

justclaire 05-06-2014 03:46 PM

Heres a what if for you......what if the real me is lazy and dull:-o. That one came down and bit me right on the butt..... Nasty. I am at present scruching it up like an unwanted letter and practising my aim at the bin...
..nasty little nipper

justclaire 05-06-2014 03:56 PM

Thank you for your reply. You are right there is a sadness within me that runs very deep. I know why and what it ie and unfortunately life events/mistakes have fed that sadness. When i see something or someone happy it sometimes reminds me of the dreams i had for myself and this saddens me. Its nearly always to do with love and being loved. I pray i can accept love one day:-) i dont want to be sad anymore.:-)

justclaire 05-07-2014 01:33 PM

Everytime i pick myself up a different mood tries to floor me. I am sooo sick of being a mess and trying to figure things out. I have made progress using self coaching and cbt but why is my confidence so easily shaken....at what point will i stop being afraid of how i feel? Sorry really needed a rant.:$

justclaire 05-07-2014 07:44 PM

I know i doth complain too much. I wish i could see my progress....how about not criticising myself for a day?