Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 02-17-2014, 03:53 PM

Default What do I do?

I am finally fully cognizant of the fact that depression and anxiety have nearly ruined my life and the mechanisms that have caused them to do so. Your book was a revelation to me because I came to the same conclusions/results myself the hard way. Your book on Self-Coaching yourself is truly a miraculous revelation to those who never realize or are informed, etc, that there is a system to conquer the truly destructive habit of reflexive- thinking and the insecurities that can precipitate utter devastation that these habit can cause. They rules with absolute authority and dictate your life until you become aware of the fact that there is a mechanism for change. Once you become aware that there is a mechanism for change, you can never go back to the old patterns of thinking that lead to destruction.

God bless you Dr. Luciani, for making me aware of my life's calling. To coach myself, my wife, and my friends and associates
(all of whom are broken due to the lack of realization of what has been/is driving their anxiety/depression/toxic habits of time traveling , etc.) to break them of their self-destructive thinking.I came to the realization, after much trial and tribulation, having achieved much success in the corporate world, that was destroyed by my Child-Reflex thinking and eventually, I wound up in Jail as a result of allowing evil people people manipulate me in a depleted, vulnerable state. I can't begin to tell you how the emotional suffering during this time nearly led to my death. My mother and father were both dying of terminal cancer, my wife and I were taking care of a mentally-retarded uncle and simultaneously caring for everyone else in our families who were truly "psychic-bleeders" and also not aware of their destructive thinking habits.

. I am truly the "Phoenix who arose from the ashes" and now feel that it is my "duty" to coach/help people stuck in an endless cycle of insecurity that leads to anxiety/depression and life-destroying consequences. God bless you, Dr. Luciani, for comprising a system that truly leads to "letting go" and truly living life. A system with "actionable results" that lead to healing and renewing of life and all the joys it has to offer. How do I do this without infringing on traditional therapy? Can I monetize my ability to help others as a "wounded-healer" or would this be unethical? I have helped so many (anxiety/depression ridden people of all varieties: heterosexuals, trans-gender, homosexuals, depleted professions, etc.) that it is taking up much of my time usually devoted to professional work. With that being said, I feel that helping others overcome crippling, life-inhibiting habits trump my professional career . How do I solve this conundrum?
Old 02-17-2014, 07:16 PM

I am truly humbled by your passionate note. I feel that healing comes in many forms and as you say, a "wounded healer" is most often extremely sensitive and insightful to the plights of others. To answer your question, I think it all comes down to how you present yourself. Clearly, you can't hold yourself out to be a therapist or psychologist (not without a license), but as someone who has walked through the tunnel and seen the light at the other end, your experiences are indeed worthwhile. Perhaps you could hold yourself out to be a life coach. Jennifer Corbin, for example, the president of Coach U (one of the largest and oldest coach training organizations in the world), was quoted in Moneywatch to say, "Technically, anyone can hang up a shingle as coaching is not regulated. There are 'schools' that will offer a credential after three hours of training and people read a book or watch a TV program and decide 'I'm a coach!'" As a result, the quality of coaches vary dramatically. I strongly suggest working with a coach that has been accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF). The ICF provides independent certification that is the benchmark for the professional coaching industry."

I know from a lifetime of psychological work, technique and theory are important, but when it comes to effectiveness and healing, there are many intangibles, such as personal experience, intuition, sensitivity, and so on. In my estimation, you can hold yourself out as someone who has something to say based on your experience and personal insights. If you choose to become a coach, this will only add to your marketing repertoire, not necessarily your capabilities. I do wish you well and I congratulate you on your journey.

Like you, I'm very interested in spreading the Self-Coaching word. I would appreciate it if you would consider submitting the first three sentences of your third paragraph as a reader review of my book on Amazon. One can't ask for a better endorsement.

Yours,
Dr. Joe

Disclaimer: The diagnosis of clinical anxiety or depressive disorders requires a physician or other qualified mental health professional. The information provided is intended for informational purposes only. Please understand that the opinions shared with you are meant to be general reference information, and are not intended as a diagnosis or substitute for consulting with your physician or other qualified mental health professional.

Self-Coaching.net provides access to resources and other information as a public service. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that all electronic information made available is current, complete and accurate, Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D. (Dr. Joe) does not warrant or represent that this information is current, complete and accurate. All information is subject to change on a regular basis, without notice.

Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D., assumes no responsibility for any errors in the information provided, nor assumes any liability for any damages incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of the Self-Coaching.net Website.

Any electronic information or inquiries that Self-Coaching.net receives from members shall not be considered as, or treated as, confidential.

The inclusion of, or linking to, other Website URLs does not imply our endorsement of, nor responsibility for, those Websites, but has been done as a convenience to our Website visitors.

Tags
i heal broken people