Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 05-20-2014, 02:05 PM

Thanks doc. Im working on it everyday:-)
Old 05-21-2014, 07:20 AM

Why cant i believe that if my fella lived somewhere with a higher population he would still choose to be in a relationship with me even though we are hundreds of miles apart? Its driving me nuts.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:52 AM

Thank you for not replying to my last post. I got through it:-)
What happens when i reach a plateau... You know when you think youve got this anxiety licked...is it a case of still monitoring thoughts etc?c
Old 05-22-2014, 02:55 PM

Please try to understand that at this point your questions need to be answered by you. It's never a good idea to abandon your own intuitions and judgements and rely too heavily on others (even psychologists). In order to develop your trust-muscle you must "risk" believing in your assessments, perceptions, intuitions and instincts. This is a trial-and-error process, but you will ultimately become stronger and more confident. Starting today, take a deep breath and realize that you have all the answers you need. Simply be patient and don't be afraid to begin trusting your perceptions.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:46 AM

Doc. I do get it. I have for years. I just haven't had the trust to do it. I will trust thos things but not if they are shrouded by insecurity. Thanks.C
Old 05-29-2014, 05:04 PM

Trusted and drove 500 miles. Trusted even when anxiety popped up. Trusting now when i have to drive 500 miles home with suspected kidney stones. Trying to trust that one day no matter what life changes i make i'll be ok. C
Old 05-29-2014, 05:29 PM

A..... B...... Go away!!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:52 PM

Ok claire....this is Claire speaking. You Are strong...you are capable. You mended your pc,the oven element,drive to scotland many times a year. You are all need to be ok. Stop looking for life rafts when you dont need one. Breathe and believe that you don't need to be afraid. Now believe no matter what you're anxiety would have you believe. Trust me Im you.:-)x
Old 05-31-2014, 07:08 PM

Ok i drove back from Scotland 6 and a half hours..battling nausea. Dont know if it was all anxiety or a bit of something real ive got to see doc about on monday. I spent the whole time arguing in my head. ' I can do this..... But maybe i can't ' 'I Am Strong and i have a choice....but what if the doc and my gp and bla bla bla' i am aware that there is a change and that i do congratulate myself, albeit, short lived. Am guessing its,?
Old 05-31-2014, 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=justclaire;6246]Ok i drove back from Scotland 6 and a half hours..battling nausea. Dont know if it was all anxiety or a bit of something real ive got to see doc about on monday. I spent the whole time arguing in my head. ' I can do this..... But maybe i can't ' 'I Am Strong and i have a choice....but what if the doc and my gp and bla bla bla' i am aware that there is a change and that i do congratulate myself, albeit, short lived. Am guessing i need to be patient and stay focused on each time i remember to challenge thoughts and however briefly believe i AM strong enough to let go.:-)