Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 07-09-2014, 09:13 PM

Default How to grasp the meaning of Natural And Spontaneous Life completely?

Dear Dr. Joe,

The final purpose of Self-Coaching is to recover our natural and spontaneous center, if I can live a life spontaneously then I am a person with good mental health, am I right? How to grasp the meaning of Natural And Spontaneous Life completely? There are so many moments in my daily life and I'm always not so sure whether I'm controlling. I'm thinking about that just separate fact from fiction, throw away the interpretations/judgments/probability predictions and focus on the verifiable objective and observable phenomena, but when I face the moments in my daily life, it's hard for me to separate fact from fiction, they're to similar for me, and I always can't reganize that when I need to separate.

Thanks for your time!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:58 PM

The Self-Talk steps of Self-Coaching are designed to ultimately get you to "let go" and experience life "reactively." Rather than interpreting, it's simply being present in all that you do, without evaluating...simply reacting to life as it unfolds. Clearly, life has mundane tasks that we must deal with, but as a philosophy of living, Reactive Living is living in the moment (not the past or future) and being what we might call "present." If you ever get a chance, read Ekhart Tolle's book, The Power of Now. It's a great book that explains this concept of being present.

Tags
control