Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Public Discussions

Notices

Old 02-21-2005, 01:49 AM

Default IT'S COMING BACK

MY GIRLFRIEND BROKE UP WITH ME AFTER 5 YRS SHE SAYS ITS FOR HER KIDS SAKE, SHE SAYS I TREAT THEM UNFAIRLY.IM KEEPING HER FROM HER DREAMS. SHE STATES IM UNABLE TO LOVE THEM. THATS NOT TRUE, I LOVE THEM THE BEST I AM ABLE. SHE IS THE ONLY PERSON I HAVE EVER ALOUD MYSELF TO LOVE AND GET CLOSE TO. IM SO DEPRESSED I FEEL LIKE MY HEART IS SO BROKEN MY CHEST HURTS. IVE NEVER FELT SO LOW IN ALL MY LIFE. NOT EVEN WHEN I HAD OTHER THINGS WRONG IN MY LIFE. SHE IS MY LIFE AND ALWAYS WILL BE, I DON'T THINK I CAN LIVE WITHOUT HER AND THE KIDS. MY KIDS LEAVE FOR A MONTH IN MARCH, IM THINKING ABOUT LETTING THEIR FATHER RAISE THEM. SHE TELLS ME WHAT A MESS THEY WOULD BE IF SHE HAD NOT COME ALONG, SO WHAT MAKES HER THINK I CAN BE A GOOD PARENT NOW? IT WOULD BE AWFUL LIVING WITH MY MOTHER. I REFUSE TO GO THAT ROUT. IM GOING TO BUY A ONE WAY TICKET TO NO WHERE AND DISAPPEAR, MY FAMILY WILL ONLY MISS ME FOR A SHORT TIME, AND SHE WILL ASSUME I DON'T WANT TO KEEP CONTACT WITH HER. THIS IS TRUELY THE LOWEST IVE EVER BEEN. THOSE FEELINGS I USED TO HATE FEELING 6 YEARS AGO ARE BACK 10 FOLD AND I JUST CAN'T DO IT AGAIN.[/b]
Old 02-21-2005, 03:48 PM

Mary--
If your girlfriend is being honest and she's breaking up because of the kids, I would suggest that you consider couples counseling. With insight, education, and cooperation, there's no reason why you can't learn to be more effective. Why don't you suggest to her that she consider a constructive and objective counseling solution to the problem rather than breaking up?

Disclaimer: The diagnosis of clinical anxiety or depressive disorders requires a physician or other qualified mental health professional. The information provided is intended for informational purposes only. Please understand that the opinions shared with you are meant to be general reference information, and are not intended as a diagnosis or substitute for consulting with your physician or other qualified mental health professional.

Yours,
Dr. Joe