Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 09-27-2004, 03:12 AM

Default Don't know what to do

Dear Dr.Joe: In the last 4 years I have lost 3 very important people in my life.. The last one being8 monthes ago, and that is when I had my break-down.My problem is lately I find myself feling really worthless . My spouse ( we are not married) of ten years seems to ignore me and I am having a real problem with it. I feel like he is blaming me for everything that goes wrong lately.. What do you think I should do??? Lost
Old 09-27-2004, 12:28 PM

Dear Blackieó

Low self-esteem is a problem of insecurity and insecurity is a habit. Thatís where Iíd like you to begin addressing your problem. When victimized by feelings of worthlessness, our lives become compromised and we begin to slip further and further into depressive, self-deprecating thoughts. Please recognize that your perception is a habit, habits are learned, and habits can be broken

Insecurity, low self-esteem, lack of confidence, are all trust issues. Whatís needed is for you to build your trust muscle. In The Power of Self-Coaching, there are five essential steps that are designed to teach you just that--put you in the drivers seat and allow you to recognize that you have a choice. With self-trust, youíll be in a position not only to risk believing in yourself once again, but perhaps even more importantly, youíll learn to stop feeding your habit of insecurity. Psychological friction, depression, and anxiety must all be fed by insecurity in order to own you. Stop the feeding process (by learning to risk self-trust) and youíll be liberating yourself from the distortions of insecurity that have led to your long-standing malaise. In order to restore a more healthy sense-of-self, Iíd like you begin by taking a look at the Self-Coaching Philosophy articles at this website.