Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 09-23-2004, 02:24 PM

Default panic attanks - anixety

hi

I suffered from panic attacks about 3 years ago which i guess developed into anxiety/depression, since then i have been on seroxat. Once they got into my system i was 100% back to my old happy self!! In June i decided with my doctor to reduce my dose in half and i have found that all my orignal symptoms have come back (it took about 9 weeks)!!! Its put me back right to square one. Ive now gone back on my full dose and im just waiting for the tablets to kick in and make me feel normal again! i know it can take between 3-4 weeks and ive only been back on full dose for a week and 2 days... just feel ive had enough of constantly feeling on edge!!! only in the evenings do i feel a little more relaxed but even then its in the back of my mind!
Anyone been here?
I Have experienced this before when trying to reduce my anti depressants but not to this extream... at the moment it feels like im never going to feel better... even though deep down i know i got over it before!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:20 PM

i know how you feel
my anxity hits me in the eveing when i am trying too relax my mind starts to wonder and one thing leads to another and i have the attack
but i hve to find my happy place not to sound pesamistic but it works if you have any ideas that work for you let me know
thanks
wmcaraven
Old 03-06-2005, 08:40 PM

Send a message via MSN to mslac1342

I too have suffered from annxiety/panic attacks and depression and am on Klonipin for the anxiety. There is no waiting period for this drug............it takes place right away. Talk to your Dr. and see if you can't go on this. I wouldn't be alive without it. Deb
Old 05-08-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: panic attanks - anixety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade25
hi

I suffered from panic attacks about 3 years ago which i guess developed into anxiety/depression, since then i have been on seroxat. Once they got into my system i was 100% back to my old happy self!! In June i decided with my doctor to reduce my dose in half and i have found that all my orignal symptoms have come back (it took about 9 weeks)!!! Its put me back right to square one. Ive now gone back on my full dose and im just waiting for the tablets to kick in and make me feel normal again! i know it can take between 3-4 weeks and ive only been back on full dose for a week and 2 days... just feel ive had enough of constantly feeling on edge!!! only in the evenings do i feel a little more relaxed but even then its in the back of my mind!
Anyone been here?
I Have experienced this before when trying to reduce my anti depressants but not to this extream... at the moment it feels like im never going to feel better... even though deep down i know i got over it before!
In the past I tried gradual de sensitization,it worked fine,but eventually after few years of relatively almost total success,it returnedwith a vengence!.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to cookies4santa Send a message via Yahoo to cookies4santa

i've taken one in the past with a great amount of doubt...
now i am off of it. instead i am taking herbal/chinese supplements
i take 16 pills a day -- different kinds for different things including for my eyes
i like them... but i know it's really up to the person
it's working fine for me...
Old 07-19-2005, 05:08 PM

Default F.D.A. Regulations&Approval ...so far is the best guaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookies4santa
i've taken one in the past with a great amount of doubt...
now i am off of it. instead i am taking herbal/chinese supplements
i take 16 pills a day -- different kinds for different things including for my eyes
i like them... but i know it's really up to the person
it's working fine for me...
In spite of the known fact that even U.S. F.D.A. approval of any Food&pharmaceutical products it often flawed,yet F.D.A. Regulations&Approval ...so far is the best guarantee of safety&efficacy,I'm not negating the herbal remedy etc. but I try to point out the simple fact that let's hope that some kind of long lasting positive outcome'll result from the use of(hopefully consistant manufacturing&processing proccess of the herbal&alternative 'meds.')this herbal etc.alternative(as in the pastsome use of such was not so helpful)approach.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:42 PM

I have used herbal/chinese supplements in many situations, I am all for it, they are used in many places with great success, but the FDA is taking it's time to ok them here cause that would put a lot of companies out of business (all of this is IMO of course) I do think you should use what works for you. I do prefer to try relaxing, meditaion type things first however, works a lot of times. I have talked myself out of panic attacks many times. I use to have many terrible attacks for last 4 yrs, but now (for last year) maybe 1 ever so often, and not the magnitude as before. I do have insecurities though (which I am working on with this book I hope)

Good luck to all of you in the future!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by windi
I have used herbal/chinese supplements in many situations, I am all for it, they are used in many places with great success, but the FDA is taking it's time to ok them here cause that would put a lot of companies out of business (all of this is IMO of course) I do think you should use what works for you. I do prefer to try relaxing, meditaion type things first however, works a lot of times. I have talked myself out of panic attacks many times. I use to have many terrible attacks for last 4 yrs, but now (for last year) maybe 1 ever so often, and not the magnitude as before. I do have insecurities though (which I am working on with this book I hope)

Good luck to all of you in the future!
I agree with'What ever work for you.
', or believed to be working(Psychosomatic),I also agree that FDA is understaffed,However(in spite of the info. we get that often tells us that some of the folks who are employed by FDA has collusion issuesstill)the F.D.A. is supposedly protects us from the harmful meds.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:46 PM

Quote:
the F.D.A. is supposedly protects us from the harmful meds.
I really wonder if they do protect us, or out for the money in all honesty :?
Old 07-21-2005, 03:02 PM

Default panic

I understand what you're going through. I have lived with panic and anxiety and worry all of my life. My mornings are the worst, by evening I usually feel better. Worry and "what ifs". And, it usually regarding health issues. It's not swollen glands, it's throat cancer. Anyone else consumed with health worries?