Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 11-07-2014, 12:07 PM

Default The sections of The Power Of Self-coaching I can't understand

Hello, Dr.Joe, it's me again =), thanks for all your reply, hope this time I can make myself clear, please see details below.

About Happiness and unleashing

- happiness is a natural, spontaneous human potential. (L32, P31, The Power Of Self-coaching)
a) When read this sentence, I think its meaning is that our body and heart knows what can make ourselves feel comfortable and joyful, but I'm not sure whether what I've learnt from this sentence is what you want to tell us.
b) Now, this natural human potential of mine is really weak, it's hard to me to know what can make me happy.

- Defining Personal Happiness: Unleashing (P32 - P34, The Power Of Self-coaching)
I think I also know the meaning of this section, but I really can't unleash myself completely, when I want to do something, I will think like this "Whether doing this is good for my whole lifetime/future or not, if not, I won't do it; and,no matter what I want to do I always have or need a standard of right or wrong to make judgement, these standards of right or wrong are my grandma asked me to follow or I learned them from books or something/someone else, until now I've got a lot of mental problems, then I realize the biggest mistake is that I didn't follow the natural, spontaneous human potential of mine, but how can I make right decisions in my life?

Thank you!
Old 11-07-2014, 02:35 PM

Sometimes trying to think too hard about something can wind up tripping you up. It's like walking down steps, if you think too much about it (rather than just trusting and allowing your reflexes to handle it) you're apt to trip. I think, rather than focusing so much on how to release, you would be better of recognizing that eliminating insecurity-driven thinking is the key. Think of a beach ball being held under water. If you press down on the ball you can keep it submerged. If you remove your hands, what happens? The ball naturally shoots up and out of the water! Insecurity is what keeps our natural potential (the beach ball shooting out of the water) submerged. Release the insecurity-driven thinking and living and what happens? Your natural inclination for well-being can surface. You don't have figure out how to release, you need to chip away at what prevents this (i.e., the doubts, fears and negatives that feed insecurity).

Hope this helps,
Dr. Joe

------------------
Disclaimer: The diagnosis of clinical anxiety or depressive disorders requires a physician or other qualified mental health professional. The information provided is intended for informational purposes only. Please understand that the opinions shared with you are meant to be general reference information, and are not intended as a diagnosis or substitute for counseling with your physician or other qualified mental health professional.

Self-Coaching.net provides access to resources and other information as a public service. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that all electronic information made available is current, complete and accurate, Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D. (Dr. Joe) does not warrant or represent that this information is current, complete and accurate. All information is subject to change on a regular basis, without notice.
Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D., assumes no responsibility for any errors in the information provided, nor assumes any liability for any damages incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of the Self-Coaching.net Website.

Any electronic information or inquiries that Self-Coaching.net receives from visitors shall not be considered as, or treated as, confidential. The inclusion of, or linking to, other Website URLs does not imply my endorsement of, nor responsibility for, those Websites, but has been done as a convenience to my website visitors.

Tags
happiness, unleashing