Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 08-18-2015, 12:59 AM

Your sentence is a great encouragement to me
Old 10-04-2015, 01:26 AM

Default Dizziness phenomenon

Prof:
In practice, in slowly changing my thinking habits, will appear dizziness situation (not very serious), is a normal phenomenon?
Old 10-04-2015, 01:18 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean?
Old 10-04-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Joe View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean?

I mean that in the processing of changing my mind,
always feel a little dizzines.
is that normal?
Old 10-05-2015, 12:56 PM

Still a bit confused. Do you feel physically dizzy? Lightheaded? Or emotionally "dizzy," i.e., overwhelmed, stressed, etc.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Joe View Post
Still a bit confused. Do you feel physically dizzy? Lightheaded? Or emotionally "dizzy," i.e., overwhelmed, stressed, etc.

I will feel Dizzy, when fighting w/old thoughs or habitts.
but it's kind of slight level.
I think maybe it's emotionally dizzy.
is it normal or unusual.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:40 PM

From what you describe, this could be the anxiety connected with trying to change. Anxiety, stress, tension, can definitely affect the mind as well as the body. It would probably help you not to push yourself too hard, to be patient and to trust that your efforts are all worthwhile--even small efforts. It's cumulative. If you have any questions about your physical manifestations, by all means, you should discuss this with a mental health professional or physician.

Yours,
Dr. Joe

isclaimer: The diagnosis of clinical anxiety or depressive disorders requires a physician or other qualified mental health professional. The information provided is intended for informational purposes only. Please understand that the opinions shared with you are meant to be general reference information, and are not intended as a diagnosis or substitute for counseling with your physician or other qualified mental health professional.

Self-Coaching.net provides access to resources and other information as a public service. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that all electronic information made available is current, complete and accurate, Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D. (Dr. Joe) does not warrant or represent that this information is current, complete and accurate. All information is subject to change on a regular basis, without notice.
Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D., assumes no responsibility for any errors in the information provided, nor assumes any liability for any damages incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of the Self-Coaching.net Website.

Any electronic information or inquiries that Self-Coaching.net receives from visitors shall not be considered as, or treated as, confidential. The inclusion of, or linking to, other Website URLs does not imply my endorsement of, nor responsibility for, those Websites, but has been done as a convenience to my website visitors.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:45 PM

thanks, Dr.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:35 PM

in the recently one month, I can control my feelings(doesn't feel unhappy or sad),but still tension & insecurity are same as before.
it's improving, but very very slow.

I wonder how long it will cost to recover.
for example,yr patient in same condition, they cost how much time to slove the problem?
Old 11-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to progress. Everyone is different as are the circumstances that have led to their emotional struggle. It would be like asking how long does it take to be able to play a musical instrument...everyone is different. Focus on the progress and embrace the small changes along the way, this will motivate you. If you only focus on the end goal, you will wind up discouraging yourself.