Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 02-23-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Legal defenses

Dr. Joe,
I am in the middle of a legal battle with an ex husband. I suffered with anxiety and panic disorder throughout most of my marriage with this man. Now that I am out of the marriage I am able to handle life with more confidence and anxiety free. My ex uses my weakness to bully me into signing things and he knows what buttons to push to play on my anxiety issues. I have an attorney handling my case (in civil court it involves money) I do not think he understands the control and abuse someone like me suffers from. I signed a note stating I would give my ex money under duress. He knew how to mentally abuse me into agreeing to something I may not have normally agreed to. The case has gone on for over a year! I realized this morning that what is not being addressed here is emotional abuse. I am searching for help through any way I can. Do you know of anyone else who this has happened to. Or do you know attorneys that might be able to direct me to case help? Any information will help. thank you.
Linda
Old 02-24-2005, 01:14 PM

Linda--
Please refer to a private e-mail that I sent to you.

Dr. Joe