Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 02-02-2014, 06:59 PM

"Have tos" are compulsive and driven by insecurity. The goal is to move from living a compulsive, insecurity-driven life to a more spontaneous, natural "want-to" life.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:59 PM

I really appreciate your help. Is it a possibility that one day I might come off anti d's,after nearly 20 years.
I must admit to thinking that if I dont worry or try to forsee things,the worst will happen.eg partner ends long distance relationship etc. I am incredibly insecure which I think stems from my adoption as a baby and then the misconceptions I developed about it as a wee child...eg I must have been bad to be given away and noone loves me enough.
C
Old 02-04-2014, 02:40 PM

Because of chronic doubts, feas, and negative thinking (i.e., insecurity thinking) we create depletions, both chemically as well as emotionally. Stop the "depletion," and the need for medication can be minimized and often eliminated. For now you need to address your habit of insecurity. Notice how reflexive your insecure-thinking is, "I must have been bad...no one wanted me." Try hard to not let yourself fall into the same old traps of insecurity...do this one thought at a time. You've got nothing to lose but your depression :-)
Old 02-04-2014, 02:45 PM

From you notes, it seems you are getting a lot out of Self-Coaching. If you have the time, I would really appreciate it if you could go to Amazon.com and leave a positive (5 stars if you're so inclined) review for Self-Coaching:The Powerful Program To Beat Anxiety & Depression. I think it's important for other's to know about my method and your feedback would be invaluable to potential readers. Thank you in advance.

Dr. Joe
Old 02-04-2014, 08:38 PM

Thanks. I hope you're not offended but I will rate your book a bit further down the line. I recently rated the linden method, which I do believe works for most people, only to find i'd get so far and then get stuck. The support team just kept saying to 'just do it' but wouldnt help me with the diary I had to write.
Once I have mastered self-coaching I will be more than happy to rate your book:-)
Old 02-04-2014, 11:15 PM

Hi again. I have started listening to you other self coaching book and wow! I have smiled at a lot of what you say in the first chapter. I see similaritys with the linden method.eg the therapist becoming a crutch. I have also spent years believing I am ill because I was in a mother and baby unit after the birth of my daughter which was the catalyst thatvstarted the chronic anxiety. I have spwnt years believing that there would be thebone special thing that would cure me which lead me to disappointment after disappointment. Recently I have learnt that it maybe an accumulation of many things......a slightly different recipe fo beach individual. I studied person centred counselling and nearly completed my diploma but anxiety cut me down. I am not sad by that though....i have a more open approach rather than believing in any one particular theory.
I just wanted to say how much you have made me smile with your honesty. No infatuation juwt appreciation.thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 01:10 AM

Thanks for considering rating my book, if however you don't feel it deserves a five star rating, then I would rather you not rate the book at all. I do appreciate your honesty.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:43 AM

I rated your book. I believe your book to be veryvpositive and helpful. C
Old 02-05-2014, 04:16 PM

Thank you for taking the time to review Self-Coaching on Amazon. I do appreciate it. :-)
Old 02-07-2014, 05:25 PM

Hi. My partner lives 600 miles away and I normallt drive to Scotland to see him and our dogs. School half term is in a week and I wouod nrmally drive up. Im not sure if im ready to do the drive. Any suggestions? Partner cant come down due to work.
Also when will I know im at the all good point?
C