Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 11-06-2015, 01:37 AM

THANKS ..I WILL Efforts to refuel
Old 12-10-2015, 03:07 AM

Professor
I feel like I have made progress.
Can listen to my own voice more than the child's voice.
What about Yoga?Is it a great help to me?
Old 12-12-2015, 01:45 PM

I think that yoga and meditation are quite helpful in learning to calm the mind. You should consider any meditative approach, simply to help you learn that you can let go of any thoughts that create emotional friction. Always keep in mind that habits are stubborn things. In a very real sense, you are retraining your brain with what I call habit re-formation. Stay determined to not embrace insecurity driven thinking (i.e., doubts, fears, negatives).

Yours,
Dr. Joe

Disclaimer: The diagnosis of clinical anxiety or depressive disorders requires a physician or other qualified mental health professional. The information provided is intended for informational purposes only. Please understand that the opinions shared with you are meant to be general reference information, and are not intended as a diagnosis or substitute for counseling with your physician or other qualified mental health professional.

Self-Coaching.net provides access to resources and other information as a public service. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that all electronic information made available is current, complete and accurate, Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D. (Dr. Joe) does not warrant or represent that this information is current, complete and accurate. All information is subject to change on a regular basis, without notice.
Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D., assumes no responsibility for any errors in the information provided, nor assumes any liability for any damages incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of the Self-Coaching.net Website.

Any electronic information or inquiries that Self-Coaching.net receives from visitors shall not be considered as, or treated as, confidential. The inclusion of, or linking to, other Website URLs does not imply my endorsement of, nor responsibility for, those Websites, but has been done as a convenience to my website visitors.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:21 PM

Default updated

now my conditon is: will be nervous when relate w/other people, and don't want to meet people who I well known.
sometimes will be nervous w/o reason.In the most bad condition, my hands feels very cold because of the nervous.

as mentioned above, what's yr advice, dr. do I need to take some medician?

anyhow, during this half year, I also got some improve.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:04 PM

Disclaimer: The diagnosis of clinical anxiety or depressive disorders requires a physician or other qualified mental health professional. The information provided is intended for informational purposes only. Please understand that the opinions shared with you are meant to be general reference information, and are not intended as a diagnosis or substitute for counseling with your physician or other qualified mental health professional.
With social anxiety you're dealing with your own negative projections of insecurity. Typically, social anxiety has to do with insecurity's anticipation of being embarrassed. Because of the erosion self-confidence and lack of self-trust, you put yourself in a position of what we call self-fulfilling prophecy, i.e., you expect to be anxious, nervous, flushed, etc., and this anticipation causes you to have difficult, embarrassing social experiences. The goal is self acceptance, however as long as insecurity dominates causing a lack of self-trust, then you will continue to struggle.
Social anxiety is not simply a behavioral habit, your brain (as with any habit) has become patterned (wired) according to this fear response. You must interrupt this resistant habit and begin to "rewire" you and your brain. We call this neuroplasticity. This can only be accomplished by consistent, persistent effort over time. It's a matter of learning to live more spontaneously, i.e., to "risk" trusting that you can learn to simply react to what takes place in any given social situation rather than to have to rehearse or anticipate what might happen. Try to find situations where you feel relatively relaxed and safe, perhaps with a family member or close friend. Observe your interactions in these situations. Notice how you just "react." We call that stimulus-response, i.e., someone says something (stimulus) and you simply respond. There's no self-monitoring (i.e., "How am I doing? Am I anxious?), you simply just respond spontaneously without regard to your performance. This is the ultimate goal in all social situations, i.e, the ability to react spontaneously without self scrutiny.

A good deal of social insecurity/anxiety begins with projections of insecurity, the "what ifs." Bottom line: you should always work to let go of congested, insecure thinking while becoming more reactive to life i.e., letting life unfold naturally and spontaneously. You do this when you begin to live in the present without trying to protect yourself by anticipating chaos that may or may not occur. It's all about letting go of control. Controlling life is insecurity's excuse for why you go on and on worrying and anticipating. Controlling life according to insecurity's projections is never the answer and always the problem.

Yours,
Dr. Joe

Self-Coaching.net provides access to resources and other information as a public service. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that all electronic information made available is current, complete and accurate, Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D. (Dr. Joe) does not warrant or represent that this information is current, complete and accurate. All information is subject to change on a regular basis, without notice.
Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D., assumes no responsibility for any errors in the information provided, nor assumes any liability for any damages incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of the Self-Coaching.net Website.

Any electronic information or inquiries that Self-Coaching.net receives from visitors shall not be considered as, or treated as, confidential. The inclusion of, or linking to, other Website URLs does not imply my endorsement of, nor responsibility for, those Websites, but has been done as a convenience to my website visitors.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:08 AM

Default To hope in front

Last week I joined a mental illness are network group. Some patients take medicine, recover quickly, some people are still struggling with. Rehabilitation of people I admire. At the same time also sympathize with struggling people, so I recommend they read your book. They have second days to buy your book. I hope to help them.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:27 PM

Thank you for your support of Self-Coaching. I do wish you well.

Yours,
Dr. Joe
Old 10-04-2016, 01:10 PM

Dear Dr. in these 3 weeks, I'm always fell a little nervous when going outside.
although sheeping is well, but still feel vervous when in society, and talk very less.
also can't focus on work some times.
in this condition, do I need to take some Medication?

meanwhile, I already kept in doing yuga 5 times one week for 7 months.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:46 PM

With social anxiety you're dealing with your own negative anticipations perpetrated by insecurity. Typically, social anxiety has to do with insecurity's anticipation of being embarrassed. Because of the erosion self-confidence and lack of self-trust, you put yourself in a position of what we call self-fulfilling prophecy, i.e., you expect to be anxious, nervous, flushed, etc., and this anticipation causes you to have difficult, embarrassing social experiences. The goal is self acceptance, however as long as insecurity dominates, causing a lack of self-trust, then you will continue to struggle.

Social anxiety, as with any habit, eventually reshapes the brain. You can, through consistent, persistent effort over time actually "rewire" your brain. We call this neuroplasticity, the brain's ability to repattern itself. With anxiety, and social anxiety in particular, it's a matter of learning to live more "reactively." Rather than having to rehearse or anticipate what might happen, you must learn to "risk" being more spontaneously reactive (rather than neurotically proactive with worry and anticipation). Try to find situations where you feel relatively relaxed and safe, perhaps with a family member or close friend. Observe your interactions in these situations. Notice how (when you're relaxed) you just "react." We call that stimulus-response, i.e., someone says something (stimulus) and you simply respond. There's no self-monitoring (i.e., "How am I doing? Am I anxious?), you simply just respond spontaneously without regard to your performance. This is the ultimate goal in all social situations, i.e, the ability to react spontaneously without self scrutiny.

A good deal of social insecurity/anxiety begins with projections of insecurity, the "what ifs." Bottom line: you should always work to let go of congested, insecure thinking while becoming more reactive to life i.e., letting life unfold naturally and spontaneously. You do this when you begin to live in the present without trying to protect yourself by anticipating chaos that may or may not occur. It's all about letting go of control. Controlling life is insecurity's excuse for why you go on and on worrying and anticipating. Controlling life according to insecurity's projections is never the answer and always the problem.

Yours,
Dr. Joe