Go Back   Forums > Self-Coaching Forums > Ask Dr. Joe

Notices

Old 09-23-2015, 10:44 PM

Default Two Questions, Thank you!

I'm planning to buy a house and beginning to worry about how to buy a qualified one but not be defrauded, now I'm considering many factors of buying a home and feeling there is a mess in my head.

In fact, I'm in a good mood and clear-headed at this moment, now I can have a state which I call it "clear-headed" sometimes, in this state everything is simple and more easy as they don't controlled by mood and psychological problems, but I can only in this state for hours and not everyday, this always happens in the morning or after 6-8 hours of sleep or walking out my house to do something (buying something, dealing with something, etc) or something else (concentrating on studing something, etc), is this state the one that I call it Normal (means sound mind)? If it is, I'll try to keep myself in this state (I have found some methods), my question is because I never know what a sound mind should be, now it seems my subconsciousness is not certain about whether it is the healty and Normal(sound mind) state we have been pursuing.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:44 PM

Default Insecurity Role in Emotional Confusion

What you seem to be describing is the influx of insecurity into your daily, "clear" thinking. Clear, factual thinking can be contaminated by insecurity's "what if" thinking. For example, "What if buying the house doesn't work out?" Once insecurity enters the picture, you become clouded, not just with anticipatory stress, but with emotional confusion. I treat insecurity as a habit that, if allowed to dictate to our lives, will create emotional struggle. The key is to focus on what feeds insecurity, which are the doubts, fears, and negative thinking that we don't put a stop to. I think you would profit from my book, Self-Coaching: The Powerful Program to Beat Anxiety & Depression. I discuss at length the process of breaking the reflexive habits of insecurity.

Yours,
Dr. Joe
----------------------------------------
Disclaimer: The diagnosis of clinical anxiety or depressive disorders requires a physician or other qualified mental health professional. The information provided is intended for informational purposes only. Please understand that the opinions shared with you are meant to be general reference information, and are not intended as a diagnosis or substitute for counseling with your physician or other qualified mental health professional.

Self-Coaching.net provides access to resources and other information as a public service. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that all electronic information made available is current, complete and accurate, Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D. (Dr. Joe) does not warrant or represent that this information is current, complete and accurate. All information is subject to change on a regular basis, without notice.
Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D., assumes no responsibility for any errors in the information provided, nor assumes any liability for any damages incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of the Self-Coaching.net Website.

Any electronic information or inquiries that Self-Coaching.net receives from visitors shall not be considered as, or treated as, confidential. The inclusion of, or linking to, other Website URLs does not imply my endorsement of, nor responsibility for, those Websites, but has been done as a convenience to my website visitors.